10.15.2011

Day 15: Your Family Picture

My family picture is pretty simple.  There are three of us. I'm mostly polynesian and my husband is mostly Danish.  We both have some German too.



Apparently the Danish are known for consuming the most candy per capita in the world.  This is true in our household. DO NOT let my husband make kool-aid.  The islander diet is still relatively new to the mass consumption of processed sugars, so with our genetic powers combined, this means our offspring are likely doomed to diabetes.  Yayyy.

As a kid I expected to have children with dark hair, dark eyes and could be in the sun for more than ten minutes.  Somehow we ended up with a blonde child, which throws everything I ever thought I learned about genetics out the window.  It also opens the question up of what can our future children possibly look like?  After extensively mapping out our genetic code, these are the most likely possibilities:



THE GINGER
Red hair. No skin pigment. Why not?



CHILDREN WITH OVERLY DOMINANT GERMAN GENES
No comment. I don't want to anger them.


THE KID WHO GOT ALL OUR BAD STUFF BUT IS A GENIUS
Bad eyes, teeth, skin, schizophrenic. Cures cancer at age 9. But not diabetes.



THE EXOTIC WHITE KID
Blonde hair, green eyes, great tan, forgets he is American.


We already have a Duck. Who knows, we might have more animal children.



With diabetes.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Hahahaha, what, no pocahontas?

Charlene said...

who would have guessed that Brent's english genes and my 1/2 mexican genes would produce a redhead? I mean, have you see how unsimilar my kids are?

Can't wait to see what Duck's siblings come out as!

Brooke Jackson said...

N8 and I have also remarked that your duck defies the lessons of Sophomore biology. Dominant genes, what? Your German roots must have more power that you know.

Laura said...

Hahaha! This one has me laughing out loud. I love your talent!