10.01.2011

Day 1: Yourself

Sometimes I over-complicate things.  But in all fairness, "yourself" leaves a lot of undefined room for philosophical deliberation.  Who am I?  What style would best describe me? What side of myself should I show? Allow me to share my explorations.




Here's me as a tomato with wheels

If I were a rare, naked bird
Paige the slug

Here's me as a stick.




After all that tangible pondering, I've concluded that I'm best described as something like this.


 


Minus the melanoma on my arm. (I didn't bother cleaning up the ink blobs.) I did try to draw something that took a little more skill, perhaps myself as a warrior goddess of battle or some fairy with magical superpowers. Those ended in embarrassment. Maybe I'll post them in the future.  Instead, I ended up with a more serious drawing.


 
And by serious, I do point to the fact that it's a floating head with feathers and a building coming out of it and watermelon balloons holding up the hair.  I like it anyway.

6 comments:

Laura said...

You are rad! I absolutely adore every picture you posted. This is going to be an awesome month! I can't wait to check in with you tomorrow! :-)

Katie said...

I would like to say ditto to what Laura said.....your drawings are fabulous!

Paige said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them! I had a lot of fun doing this one.

Chris said...

WATERMELON!!!!!!!

Chris said...

WATERMELON!!!!!!

Paige said...

WATERMELON!!!!!! Just for you Chris.